Monday, October 4, 2010

Overworld Progress

Sorry that updates have been slow this past week. I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. Here is the overworld progress so far. Note that the big blank green areas are actually filled with saplings that have not yet bloomed.

As far as the overworld goes there are a few problems left to solve. The major one is inconsistencies in elevation that occur in the map itself. I've shied away from doing the mountain regions yet because the elevations that are created by the blue stairs are not consistent throughout the map. I plan on tackling this issue this week and mapping the mountainous regions of the overworld by taking some liberties with the map design itself. Also look forward to redstone water switches for dungeon doors. The other issue in the overworld is going to be dungeon "depths" that I've started to encounter. For example dungeon 02 is on an elevated surface in the game world, but I'm going to have to map it deeper than the first dungeon. I think the later dungeons are just going to have deeper and deeper stairways to go deeper into the map to avoid dungeon overlapping. Hope this holds you over and expect more updates later this week!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looking great so far! keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long before you think this whole project is completed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been two months without an update. I am very curious as to the progress that I hope you've been making on this project. I think you're doing an amazing job so far and I can't wait to see the finished product. :]

    ReplyDelete